We understand. It is very common for professionals, parents, students and others in Silicon Valley to present a happy and positive image. Most of us however, don't always feel that way.
Ups and downs, stress and anxiety are normal components of life here. Yet, we expect success, we expect achievement, we expect happiness, and we expect them all the time. These expectations magnify our inner concerns, because it becomes difficult to acknowledge and address them.
- My "Why" for Doing Trauma Therapy (podcast)
- How Healing Happens: 5 Steps to Transforming Emotional Pain
- How Childhood Abuse Shows up in Adult Life
- Sexual Abuse - Why You Don't "Just Get Over It"
- DBT for Depression and PTSD
- Trauma and Addiction: Is It a Never Ending Cycle?
- Trauma Survivors Have Symptoms Instead of Memories
- How is PTSD Effecting Your Relationships?
- Bipolar, Borderline and PTSD - What's the Difference?
In many ways a human brain is more powerful than any supercomputer. Yet the brain is just as susceptible to illness as any other organ, bone or tissue. The brain, however, lets us know when life's normal perturbations slide into the area of treatable illness. That's our advantage.
When your brain tells you something is wrong, it usually is. When that happens, it is important to address the problem and correct it before it becomes unmanageable. Seeing a therapist can help.
We specialize in:
- Trauma therapy (PTSD)
- Emotional trauma therapy (Complex PTSD)
- Mood disorders such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar
- Overwhelming emotions
- Self harm
- Grief and loss
- Multicultural, multiracial, LGBTQ communities
NEW: Lunchtime Meditation Class, starting August 31st.
- Drop in and join Jesalyn Eatchel on Thursdays from 12-12:45pm starting on August 31st
- Build your awareness of the moment, your connection to inner peacefulness
- Suggested donation is $20
Bay Area Mental Health is Kink Aware and Poly Friendly. Bay Area Mental Health is a Member of Kink Aware Professional Network.