Join our team of talented therapists!
If you want the flexibility and client base of a private practice, but don’t want to feel isolated and don’t want to manage the business and marketing end, then this may be the right job for you. We will match you with the best-fit clients for your skill set and interests, and we will provide you everything you need to offer them excellent care.
We are an established practice that focuses on treating trauma and PTSD, mood disorders, and substance abuse. We offer a full DBT Program, a Dual Diagnosis Program, individual, couples, family, and group therapy. We are a dedicated team of professionals who work collaboratively and are results-oriented.
Our central values are providing outstanding client care and customer service, working in collaboration with each other, and supporting the personal and professional development of our team members.
This job has a high degree of flexibility and will start part-time with the option to move to full-time if desired. You must be available to work on Mondays, one weekend day and one evening per week, and you must not already have a private practice.
- Provide supportive, individualized and confidential therapy to individuals, couples, families, and groups
- Intake, assessment, treatment planning, termination/discharge responsibilities
- Maintain timely and accurate records/scheduling using a practice software
- Engage in collaborative coordination of care with clients and support staff as needed, including collateral communication with psychiatrists, etc.
- Attend clinical staff meetings and work as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team making decisions and recommendations regarding client care
- Maintain all legal and ethical requirements of the profession
- Be flexible and receptive to change as we are an expanding and growing agency
- Other duties as determined necessary
Benefits of Employment:
- Regular consultation and training
- Working with amazing and dedicated therapists in a supportive, team-oriented enviornment
- No need to market yourself – we provide the clients!
- Independent working environment with limited meetings and business duties
- Paid sick time
- Medical insurance
- W2 position – no need to pay extra taxes at the end of the year
- License in CA (LMFT, LCSW, PhD, PsyD) (Doctoral level pre-licensed therapists may be considered)
- Training and experience in treating trauma
- Training and experience in DBT
- Trained in treating substance abuse
- Trained in EMDR
- Experience working with couples and families
Please answer the Supplemental Questions in your cover letter when applying.
- What training and experience do you have in treating trauma?
- What training and experience do you have in DBT?
- What training and experience do you have in treating substance abuse?
- What training and experience do you have in couples and family therapy?
- Describe how you would work with someone who is experiencing a high degree of emotion dysregulation during a group or individual session.
- Describe your ideal client.
- Describe your theoretical approach.
- What interests you in working for Bay Area Mental Health?
- What are your career goals?
- What other jobs do you currently have?
- What is your availability (days/hours)?
- What are your wage requirements?