Take the Depression Test
Answer "yes" or "no" to the following questions:
1. I am sad all the time and can't snap out of it. I feel worthless.
2. I feel I have nothing to look forward to.
3. As I look back on my life, all I can see is a bunch of failures.
4. I don't enjoy things the way I used to.
5. I often feel guilty.
6. I expect to be punished.
7. I am disappointed or disgusted with myself. I feel like a failure.
8. I blame myself all the time for my faults.
9. Sometimes I think about dying or killing myself.
10. I cry more than I used to.
11. I used to be able to cry, but now I can't cry at all, even when I feel sad.
12. I am more easily irritated than I used to be.
13. I have lost interest in other people.
14. I have to push myself to get anything done.
15. I wake up earlier than I used to and can't get back to sleep.
16. I feel tired all the time.
17. My appetite is worse than it used to be.
18. I've lost weight without intending to.
19. I worry all the time about my physical health and appearance.
20. I'm not very interested in sex anymore.
If you answered "yes" to 8 or more of these questions you may be depressed.
A professional can help you determine the best options for getting help.