DBT Training for Mental Health Professionals
CE Credits Available*
We took a training hiatus but are now offering them again after receiving numerous requests from the community!
We offer training in basic DBT concepts and skills to mental health professionals. This includes public trainings as well as trainings customized for organizations. We do customized trainings on request. Please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page if you’d like us to give a training at your organization.
Introduction to DBT Skills
4 CE Credits available*
Space is limited so register early!
Developed 50 years ago, DBT has been shown to effectively treat problems including depression, bipolar, anxiety, PTSD, caregiver burnout, relationship problems, substance use, and of course borderline personality disorder.
DBT is considered the gold standard approach for treating Emotion Dysregulation:
- High Sensitivity – Emotions that are out of control and seem to come from nowhere
- High Reactivity – Emotions that are extremely intense and may cause problems in relationship or at work
- Slow Return to Baseline – Emotions that seem to last forever
If you have clients that struggle with these kinds of problems then this training is for you!
Learn some core skills of DBT that you can apply right away with your clients:
- Mindful awareness
- Crisis management
- Communication skills
- Understanding and labeling emotions
Please contact us with any questions using the form below.
Our Previous DBT Trainings:
· Introduction to DBT, CHAC (2019, 2016)
· DBT as an Evidence Based Practice, CHAC (2016)
· Introduction to DBT, CHAC (2015)
· DBT as an Evidence-Based Practice, CHAC (2015)
· DBT Skills Workshop, Bay Area Mental Health (2015)
· DBT Skills Workshop, NASW, Santa Cruz chapter (2015)
· Introduction to DBT, Gardner Mental Health (2014)
· Introduction to DBT, CHAC (2014)
· DBT Skills, 10 week class (2013)
· Introduction to DBT, CHAC (2013)
· DBT skills practice group for students, ITP (2010)
*CE Credits are provided by CAV Academy. CAV Academy is an approved continuing education provider for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs in the state of California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider # 136807